EMR Licence Renewal
Renewal opens October 1.
Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2020.
Early birds: Renew by November 1 to be entered to win 2 VISA gift cards worth $250 each!
- All members must submit the Licence Renewal form in Your Account. Fees are paid by credit card on last page of form, or by e-transfer, employer cheque, or money order.
- Renew as Practicing ($tbd) or Non-Practicing ($50) (more info)
- Upload supporting documents for educational requirements:
- Mandatory certification (BLS – HCP) proven with card; course date and expiration date required NOT REQUIRED FOR 2021 RENEWAL
- CME (20 credits including 5 for mental health) proven with certificates of completion; course date required NOT REQUIRED FOR 2021 RENEWAL
- Skills must be reported using the Skills Reporting Form for 2021 renewal – EMR. Certificates NOT allowed for skills. Signature from assessor required
- Members unable to meet educational requirements can still renew. The form will give you a Restricted licence, to allow 6 months to meet requirements and does not affect how you work. Cost: $100 + practicing fee. (more info)
- Educational requirements not required for non-practicing licences. Cost for NP licence: $50
- Practicing fee for 2020 licence: $510. For 2021: tbd
- Pay all fees by credit card at the end of the form. E-transfer instructions included
- Employers must request invoice from SCoP
View or update your requirements in Your Account at any time!
Licence Renewal form will not submit until all fields are complete, but you can leave and your work is saved for later.
Summary of Licence Renewal requirements >
|Renewal Requirements for EMRs||How to assess|
NOT REQUIRED FOR 2021 RENEWAL
BLS "C" – HCP
|Bag Valve Mask||
NOT REQUIRED FOR 2021 RENEWAL
20 Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits
Audits revealing falsified information will be reported to the Professional Conduct Committee. Members may not assess their own skills.
Payment must arrive at the SCoP office by December 1 or you will be subject to late fees. This includes cheques from employers.
A 2020 practicing licence is $510. 2021 is tbd.
If you do not plan to work or volunteer as a paramedic in the immediate future but would like to keep your licence, a non-practicing licence is $50. When you are ready to return to work, you will pay a $50 change of status fee plus the practicing fee which is prorated:
Practicing Licence Fee for 2020, prior to April 1: $510
75% on April 1: $382.50
50% on July 1: $255
25% on October 1: $127.50
If you are unable to fulfill some of your educational requirements, adding a restriction to your licence is $100.
Late fees start at $50 and go up $25 every Monday until your renewal is completed.
Late fee schedule
Monday, December 2 – $50
Monday, December 9 – $75
Monday, December 16 – $100
Monday, December 24 – $125
Monday, December 30 – $150
Monday, January 6 – $175
Monday, January 13 – $200
Monday, January 20 – $225
Monday, January 27 – $250
If you are paying by credit card online, the payment screen is displayed after you submit your renewal form. If paying by e-transfer, send payment in the correct amount to email@example.com.
Licence and receipts
Once your renewal has been approved, you can download and print your new licence from the Member Card tab of Your Account, and your information will appear on the Member List for 2021. Plastic cards and paper licences have been discontinued.
Receipts are downloaded from Your Account.