Registration Information for Applicants Licensed in Another Province

If you are currently licensed as a paramedic somewhere else in Canada, follow the steps below to become licensed in Saskatchewan through the Agreement for International Trade (AIT, also known as Labour Mobility).

Requirements at a glance

  • Initial registration form, which includes:
    • photo plus proof of identity
  • Criminal record check with vulnerable sector query (original)
  • Verification of Registration (original)
  • Gap training may be required
  • Payment

Read all instructions thoroughly!

Acquiring a licence from SCoP includes sending some items by postal mail and others online with the Initial Registration form. The online form requires several items to be attached to it and it can only be sent once. Applications are not processed until payment and all requirements have been received by SCoP. 

1. Member Account and Initial Registration form

All members need a Member Account, used for sending information and documents to the College.

If you have registered for an exam with us, we have created an account for you. Retrieve your username and password here, or contact us.

If you do not have one, create a new Member Account here >

You must complete the Initial Applicant form before beginning the Initial Registration form.  The Initial Applicant form can be found in your Member Account, under the Applications tab.

Your Initial Registration form is in your Member Account, under the Applications tab.

This form will ask you to attach the items listed in steps 3 and 4 below.

2. Verification of Registration

If you are already licensed in another Canadian province, complete the top portion of this Verification of Registration form (pdf) and send it to the regulatory agency or agencies in the province(s) where you are licensed. Have the agency complete the form and mail the original directly to SCoP.

Some paramedics being licensed in Saskatchewan will be issued a restricted licence, at no extra charge for the restriction, until they make up critical training deficiencies. 

The following chart identifies the requirements for practitioners transferring from each province: Approved Exemptions - Provincial comparison to Saskatchewan (pdf)

Training programs available are listed on our CME Opportunities page.

3. Mandatory Certificates

Copies of the following mandatory certificates are not required for the initial registration of Labour Mobility candidates. However, they are required to renew your licence, which happens every year beginning in October. Applicants may want to attach the following to their Initial Registration form


PCP 2001 NOCP or PCP 2011 NOCP 
​BLS "C" (HCP)
ITLS or PHTLS - Basic

ITLS or PHTLS -Advanced
PALS or PEPP Advanced

All certificates must be current and not expired.

4. Photo for Identification Card

For your member identification card, please upload a head and shoulders photo to your Member Account. Selfies against a plain background are acceptable as long as you look professional. Shirt with a collar or a plain t shirt without logos are recommended. In uniform preferred.

In addition, a statement by a manager or notary public stating that you are the person in the photo, or a copy of your government-issued photo identification, should also be attached to your Initial Registration form.

5. Criminal Record Check

Send by mail to SCoP a criminal record check including vulnerable sector query completed by a police officer within the past 6 months. You must submit the original criminal record check; a copy will not be accepted. Mail it to:

Saskatchewan College of Paramedics 
202 - 1900 Albert Street
Regina SK S4P 4K8 

6. Saskatchewan Jurisprudence

As part of your online application, you will be required to sign a declaration that you understand the Saskatchewan Legislation framework and protocols for your scope of practice based on reading the following: 

Please ensure that you have read and understand these documents before submitting your application. 

7. New Applicant Fee

The initial processing fee is $50, plus the applicable practicing fees  for the year in which you wish to be licensed.

Payment is made by Visa or Mastercard when submitting your Initial Registration form. You may also pay by money order, certified cheque or employer cheque (these are options on the form) but note that your application will not be processed until the College has received payment. Personal cheques are not accepted.