Change of Status

If you want to change your practicing status (i.e. from practicing to non-practicing) or your licence level in Saskatchewan (i.e. from PCP to ACP), follow these steps to complete your change of status.

1. Change of Status Application

Sign in to your SCoP Member Account and submit the Change of Status form found under the Applications tab.

2. Change of Status Fee

The change of status fee is $50.00. If you are moving from non-practicing to practicing status, you will also be charged the applicable practicing fees.

Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard when submitting your application. You may also pay by money order, certified cheque or employer cheque but note that your application will not be processed until payment has been received. Personal cheques will not be accepted.

3. Transcripts and Certificates

When moving up a licence level, evidence of successful completion of a CMA accredited training program or an equivalent program approved by Council is required. Download the Request for Transcript and have your institution forward original transcripts directly to SCoP. A photocopy of your certificate should be uploaded with your application.

4. Licensing Exam

Primary Care Paramedic and Advanced Care Paramedic candidates will be required to write the national licensing exam for their level.

5. Mandatory Certificates

Copies of the following mandatory certificates are required to be uploaded with your application:


  • BLS-HCP (C)


  • BLS-HCP (C)
  • ITLS or PHTLS - Basic


  • BLS-HCP (C)
  • ITLS or PHTLS - Advanced
  • ACLS
  • PALS or PEPP Advanced

All certificates must be current and not expired. 

6. Photo

If a new photo is required for your member identification card, please upload a head and shoulders photo to your Member Profile in .jpg format. Selfies against a plain background are acceptable as long as you look professional. Shirt with a collar or a plain t shirt without logos are recommended. In uniform preferred.

 In addition, a statement by a manager or notary public stating that you are the person in the photo, or a copy of your government-issued photo identification, should also be attached.