The annual deadline for the Saskatchewan Protective Services Medal nominations is March 31 of each year. Nominations will be accepted for members of your agency or organization with 25 years of exemplary service as of March 31, 2019.
Nominations are accepted year round; nominations received after March 31, 2018 are already in the queue for this year – there is no need to re-send a nomination already submitted. Nominations received after March 31, 2019 will be added to next year’s queue.
The selection committee will meet in late spring 2019 with presentation events in fall of 2019.
Nomination forms for the medal »
- Nominations must be received within one year of retirement or departure from an eligible position
- Nominations must be signed by the heads of eligible agencies or by the chair of government approved agency selection committee (Chief of Police, Fire Chief, Warden, etc.)
- For Canadian Forces and RCMP personnel, the Commanding Officer must sign the nomination form. For COs, it must be signed by your immediate supervisor
- For nominations of heads of eligible agencies (Fire Chief, Chief of Police), your mayor, town administrator or reeve must sign the nomination form
- For uniformed government workers, the nomination form must be signed by an ADM or DM
We continue to depend on the individuals signing the nominations to ensure that all information is accurate and that criteria associated with this medal has been met.
If you have any questions please contact our office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at 1-877-427-5505.